Summer is coming to an end, but we’re ok with that! To be honest, we’re really looking forward to cooler temps and cozy weekends -- but for now we’re grabbing our gals for a fun get together in the backyard.
We feel like there’s nothing quite like enjoying meaningful conversation and a meal with well-loved friends! SO LET’S DO THAT!
Then God said, “I’ve given you every sort of seed-bearing plant on Earth and every kind of fruit-bearing tree, given them to you for food.” Genesis 1:29
This little galette is so yummy and easy to put together. You’ll have everyone ooh-ing and aahhh-ing over your creation! Feel free to improvise with what you have – zucchini or peppers in place of the eggplant, mascarpone or whipped goat cheese swapped for ricotta …you get the idea.
End of Summer Galette
Egg wash (egg white and water)
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Slice eggplant and lemons. Toss with olive oil. Bake on tray until lightly browned (about 15 min).
- Meanwhile, thaw your puff pastry and lay out on tray. Roll up the edges and pierce the bottom of the dough. (This prevents them from over-rising while cooking.) Brush edges with egg wash, then sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Remove eggplant and lemon from oven. Turn oven to 400.
- Cook puff pastry for 10 min.
- Fill partially cooked puff pastry with a thin layer of ricotta cheese and arrange your lemon and eggplant slices in a single layer on top.
- Move back to oven and bake until edges are perfectly crispy and brown (about 20 min).
- The filling should have firmed up by now. If your edges get too browned before the filling is firm, then place foil over the pan and continue to bake.
- Slice that baby up and ENJOY!
Champagne + Cucumber Cooler
- Pick your champagne!
- Squeeze a small lime wedge
- Garnish with blueberries, cucumber, lime wheel and rosemary
While food is definitely high up on the priority list, we like a chic table setting that makes it a night to remember! We kept it simple and outdoorsy with natural elements.
Here’s what we used:
- Dried fern leaves as a table runner
- Simple mix of white and green florals in mismatched vessels
- Wooden serving boards used as plates
- Copper gift tags turned napkin holders (Hint, Hint…these double as party gifts for your gals!)
We also added an encouragement card to each setting…because obviously we want every person sitting at our table to feel seen and loved!
YOU ARE RARE. AND YOU ARE WONDERFUL. JUST AS YOU ARE.
Swing by the shop and pick up some of these goodies! We’d love to see how you use them! Here’s to a fun summer send off!
Tag us in your #wwsummersendoff entertaining pics! @wintonandwaits
Got more fun ideas for entertaining?
Share with us so we can try them out too!! We’ll make sure you get a shout out!